Monday, February 21, 2011

LONG Weekend!

I have started the Craigslist madness!  The first large piece of furniture is gone and we also sold my biggest toy out of the garage, the sand car.  We have also sold some other odds and ends.  So now one of my many challenges is to furnish the new place.  It's pretty small, so none of the furniture we have (with the exception of my bedroom set) will work in the condo.  One of the hardest parts has been to find a table that will fit in such a narrow dining space.  I think I solved the problem today at West Elm.  Phew!  It's so hard to know what to keep when you don't know what kind of furniture  you will have.  Now that that's settled, making decisions about what to keep and what to part with should be a little easier. 

I am still sorting away in the scrapbook room.  That's the toughest spot for me to downsize because craft supplies have been my biggest buying addiction for so long.  I'm weeding things out slowly but surely, but man its tough! 

I went out in to the garage this weekend and started sorting things out there.  I am just amazed at how little I actually want to keep now that I have made up my mind about downsizing.  I have held on to SOOOO much stuff for so long on the off chance that some day I might need it or reuse it.  With the new mindset it's not as hard as I thought it would be to let go.  I am on a purging binge!!!

We got the keys to the new condo on Sunday and I was finally able to get in there and measure and really visualize what it will be like to live in 1720 square feet.  We can totally do this!!!  I am excited, I just wish I could clone myself to get the work done faster!

1 comment:

  1. This is all so exciting, for you! Love to read the progress. You know, I fight my clutter habits daily. I had clothes in my drawers from when I was 19 and 20! Insanity. I was a magazine keeper, I got that from dad. Did you know he had every National Geographic dating back to the 60s? You inspire me to tear it up! I've had boxes that I hadn't even looked at for years but just keep moving them around! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete